Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!! 5/08/09

Today is my Daddy's 72nd Birthday! This picture of him was taken last year (in the Sacred Grove) when he came out to Pennsylvania to visit me. Dad, Mom and myself went to the Sacred Grove in Palmyra New York, Niagra Falls and Southbend Indiana. This was the most awesome visit that I've had with my Mom & Dad because I had them all to myself for two whole weeks!!!

I have the best Dad in the whole world!! He has always been there for me, sets a great example for me, he makes me laugh and most of all he loves me unconditionally!! He is such a wonderful Grandpa too!! My kids love being around him..........he makes them laugh and they tease him almost as much as he teases them! He has such a special relationship with each one of his grandchildren and his great-grandchildren too!!

I have so many wonderful memories with my Dad. I admire the man who he is and what he has taught his children. He is a great friend to many (including me)! I love calling him my Dad!!

I love you so much Dad!! I wish I could be with you today to help you blow out your candles but know that I am thinking of you and wishing you the best birthday ever!!!

2 comments:

  1. Peg- For once I'm going to have to agree with you. We do have the best dad anyone could ask for. I love him so much and I'm so thankful for him. I love how close we are and how much he loves my kids and they love him. I know I can tell him anything and he will still love me! We talk just about everyday, he's so funny, sensitive, smart, and loving. I feel sorry for Jeff sometimes cuz he will never reach the pedastal I have put my dad on as far as being a husband and father! I remember hearing a line in a movie that said "the only man a girl can trust is her daddy" and ours certainly fits that bill! I love you too dad and I hope you have a Happy Birthday...you mean the world to me. And by the way Peg, I'm his favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to agree with my sisters. We do have the best dad around! I know he gets it from his dad, Grandpa Hollis. Such awesome men with such big hearts. I harass my dad all the time but he knows I love and adore him. Dad is always there for us no matter what. I do get to spend alot of time with dad cuz I'm the driver to all the activities. He likes to be in charge and so do I so it's a push and pull most of the time but in the end we just laugh and have fun!!! Thanks dad for all you do for me and for the laughs. I love you so much and am so thankful for the example you are to me. I was always blessed to know I have the priesthood in our home. It's always been a comfort to me. Happy Birthday Dad and may you have many many more. "Love from your favorite daughter, Laurie"

    ReplyDelete