Wednesday, March 18, 2009

News & Pictures

It's been awhile since I have been able to post anything on my blog and so much has happened. Me, Heather and the boys flew to Utah for a family visit and to give my sister Laurie a Surprise 5oth birthday party! We had so much fun and Laurie was really surprised!!!
It all started with me, Heather, my sisters Sue & Val and my Mom trying to get things ready for the surprise party. Laurie got her feelings hurt a few time because she thought we were doing something fun without her...........little did she know we were having fun making a scrapbook and planning, shopping and cooking for her! The day of her party I was supposed to pick her up at 1:00 for lunch and I was a litte late (because we were making sure everyone was there before I went to get her) anyway, when I went to pick her up she was standing by her front door with her purse in hand. She reminded me of my Grandma!! Then it was up to Delaney and I to get her to the church for the party. Delaney and I had practiced on how we were going to do this and the minute Laurie got in the car Delaney went into her acting mode! Although it sounded rehearsed (which it was) Laney told Laurie she left her sweater at the church and her mom would be mad if she didn't get it so if Laurie could let us in we could get her sweater. When we got to the church Laurie asked Delaney where the party was...........Laney couldn't remember (we didn't practice that part) so she said "UM..........I don't know" Laurie couldn't believe that Delaney could forget where the party was in the church since she had just came from there so I said lets go look in here. Well when we rounded the corner everyone started singing "Happy Birthday"! She was so surprised and then she started crying!!! It was so much fun and there were so many family and friends there to wish her happy birthday!
Laurie is so wonderful to so many people and especially to her family!! We were glad we got to surprise her and let her know just how much we love and appreciate her!!!
During the two weeks we were there I also got the chance to see Delaney and Dakota cheer and play basketball! Dakota is such an awesome basketball player!! His team won their region game and of coarse Dakota was the star player!!! When he finally grows into his size 10 shoes he will be even taller and will be making baskets without even jumping!!
Then there is my little Laney Bird. She spent the night with me a couple of times and I swear that Hurricane Katrina was not as bad as what it was sleeping with her!! I got kicked in the face, I got toes in my nose, her little bum was on me all night long and if I did try to move her she weighed as much as a refrigerator!!! Impossible???..........No just trying moving her yourself!!! It was fun and it was fun seeing the two little love birds (Corban and Delaney) in the mornings. Corban couldn't keep his lips off her! Anyway, I got to see Delaney perform during halftime and oh my gosh is she so good!! She is quite the little dancer and has moves that some professional dancers don't have!! All the other girls watch her and I can see why.......she is on beat, never misses a step and is so pretty to watch. Her stunts are awesome!!!
We had so much fun and I hate leaving but I was glad to get home.
I will post some more pictures later of my two little guys but Ihave misplaced my camera. I know I'm getting old and I can't remember but at least I'm not 50 like my sister Laurie!!!
Keep looking because there are more pictures of our trip!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. Laurie is awesome, she is so great to take pictures for everyone and is hilarious to play cards with (just ask her, I am NOT allowed to sit by Jamie). I wish we could have gotten together, hopefully you will come to visit soon and we can see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Peg for the party. it was great and I was surprised. next time, be nice to me. Everyone was planning my party and left me out. I felt so unloved, good thing I know you love me!!!! Thanks for everything. i had a great day. Love ya ~Laurie "50"~

    ReplyDelete