Monday, August 31, 2009

Cross Country College Bound

Jonas decided to go back to college and at the last minute I decided to join him for the long drive back to Utah. Him and Brewster drove his truck and I drove my precious 1998 Dodge Durango which I decided I would leave out there so when I visit I could have a dependable vehicle!! I just love my Durango but since I got my new 2009 Dodge Aspen I just haven't drove my precious for awhile.
We started our trip and drove to just outside St. Louis, Missouri. I had to quit early because, well being that I am a Grandma now my eyes are just not the same for night driving. We got up early the next morning and drove the rest of the way to Price, Utah!!! A total of about 1,900 miles!! It took us about 24 hours of driving which isn't too bad considering it usually takes about 2 1/2 days!
It was so nice to drive back with Jonas and we were able to chit chat on the phone while driving. Although he will probably say I drove him crazy with the calls but deep down...........way deep down he enjoyed me calling him.............ALOT!
All was going well until we got to Limon, Colorado. That is when my rear end gave out!!!!......on my Durango! I guess she figured out that I was taking her out west to enjoy the sunsets and retirement. Poor thing, I was trying to make a life of luxury for her and she thought I was going to abandon her!
Jonas and I weren't sure what was wrong so Jonas being the brave son, drove my Durango from Denver Colorado to Price. I was scared to death because I wasn't sure if it was my brakes or what so, I said ALOT of prayers (especially going over Veil and through Glenwood Canyon) and we made it safe!! We did get the Durango fixed and the good news is...............she loves the west and can't wait for me to visit!!
Jonas got settled in and has started school. I know he misses me.............LOTS!!!!! Don't worry Jonas, I will be out to visit lots and lots and lots........!!!
I miss having the kids home but I am so proud of the choices that they have made and only wish them success!!!!!!
Brewster let Jonas do all the driving!

Who will get the last piece of pizza, Jonas or Brewster?

Brewster has to share his bed with Jonas!


Glenwood Canyon

This canyon is so beautiful! I love going through this canyon during the day!



This is one of the pretttiest canyons in Colorado!



This is pretty much the view I saw for 2 long........very long days!! I was able to keep up with Jonas and I am proud to say..............No speeding tickets were given during these two days!









No comments:

Post a Comment